Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

June 22nd, 2015 02:00

wyse v10l dual screen resolution problem

wyse v10l dual screen resolution problem

Dear All,

Since a few days we have 5 Wyse V10L Dual DVI clients connected to 2 screens which support 1920x1200 resolution at 32bit. The client uses Thin OS.
We can select this resolution on the wyse but the screen on both screens is hanging every x minutes, goes black or stuck and we have to reset the thin client. When we put on a lower res there is no problem at all.

In the specs there stands:
"Display: VESA monitor support with Display Data Control (DDC) for automatic setting of resolution and refresh rate
Dual Monitors at 32-bit color or 24-bit color up to: 1920x1200@60 Hz "

Does the Thin OS support this high resolution on 32 bit or is this for other os like Win CE?

Already thanks for the help

Is there someone who has a possible solution for this, or have any idea where to search?

Thans for the help so far.

Gerren,

no i'm afraid not.
I hope somone else has some ideas to try because we are having this problem for a while now.

No it crashes when the user are in the desktop.
The connect with XenDesktop and then they Use RESPowerfuse for their applications.

The website of WYSE says it's possible for this resolution but all the users that are using a dualmonitor configuration with 1920*1080 have problems.

This is supported. Can you check in the BIOS how much video RAM the unit has assigned? Alter it to max.

ConfGen

Try the free Configuration Generator to generate your ini files for WTOS, Linux v6, Linux v7, Viance and create CE addon packages
*** Don't forget to donate via PayPal if you like it ***

http://www.technicalhelp.de

4 Posts

NickcanderHave,

Have you heard anything else about this problem. I have the same issue. The right screen of one of the users in the office is a little pixelated and doesnt have the same reso that the left has. I have found that if I dumb down the reso then the problem gets better but as far as screen coverage goes it gets really smaller.

I honestly believe that woman would eat her young.

ConfGen,

We have tried this and the video memory is already configurated at the maximum of 64MB
Do you have any other possible resolution which might help us solve this problem?

Thanks for the help so far!

13 Posts

Are you saying it crashes in WTOS or after you connect a desktop session?

If it is after you make a session, what tech are you using to deliver that desktop? RDP? XenDesktop?

No Events found!