Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

June 6th, 2015 02:00

Active Directory Domains: question

Active Directory Domains: question

Hello everyone,

I'm using WSM 4.0, linked to different Active Directory Domains. This allows me to import user groups from different domains, and to create devices on OU's placed on different domains.

After creating an OS image - with AD integration enabled - I noticed that I can log in only on thin clients (devices) that are defined on the domain which the original image was joined to.

I "solved" the problem by creating trusts between domains, because I need to allow access to thin clients to users defined on different domains without creating (and mantaining!) one image for each domain.

I wonder if there is any way to use one OS image only to serve thin clients defined on different AD domains.

Any help will be much appreciated.
Regards,

SomeoneSpecial

200 Posts

Welcome to the WSM forum "SomeoneSpecial"!

WSM doesn't manage the domain membership of an OS Image, it only deals with the SID, host name and computer account password.
Thus you have to have separate OS Images per Domain - this is the expected behavior and by design.
Users from within the same forest should be able to log on to any computer because two way transitive trusts are active by default.
For domains in different forests, you would have to create trusts manually.

Thank you very much.
I will continue servicing one image and mantaining trusts.

Regards,
SomeoneSpecial

No Events found!