Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 4th, 2015 05:00

Automatic windows update during provisioning of mobile disconnected devices

Automatic windows update during provisioning of mobile disconnected devices

Hello

We have a GPO which enforces Windows clients to install windows updates, and forces clients to reboot if it've been more than 1 week since last update became available.

Sometimes its becoming an issue during provisioning mobile disconnected devices (Popup with reboot countdown 15minutes and cancel button are greyed out). I tell people to disable windows update service (services.msc) as a workaround. Are Wyse aware of it, or are there any "correct way to do" which I am not aware of?

200 Posts

June 9th, 2015 10:00

This Microsoft Technet article explains the options for Automatic Updates when configured through Group Policies.
If you would move the mobile disconnected devices to a seperate OU and configure a GPO with "No Auto-restart for Scheduled Automatic Update Installation Options" setting, this could help to workaround your restart issue?

#Iwork4Dell

63 Posts

June 9th, 2015 10:00

Yes its possible to workaround it with GPO, but it means all the schools have to contact me and inform on advance before they reprovision their laptops. Therefore I was asking about another solution if it exist.

No Events found!