Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

June 5th, 2015 01:00

Delete Write Cache on Shutdown

Delete Write Cache on Shutdown

Hello WSM users,
on a WSM 4 Headquarter I checked the option "Delete Write Cache on Shutdown" on System Settings, wich says "If this check box is checked, write cache files for volatile partitions on devices are deleted when devices are shutdown". This setting is correctly propagated to all Linked Sites, but it doesn't work. When I turn off devices, the write cache stays on the streaming directory, and it is overwritten when device boots up.
So, when I deploy a new patch for an image, old write cache files stays on the directory and new files are created: this is causing problems because I have to manually delete write cache files every now and then before the disk-space utilization becomes critical.
Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,
SS

200 Posts

June 5th, 2015 01:00

Please open the WSM Admin UI on the Linked Core Server(s) and uncheck the "Delete Write Cache on Shutdown" option and then click the Update System Settings button to complete these changes. Once this is done, check the box for this option and then click the Update System Settings button to save the changes. 
This should now correct the issue on your linked sites. 
You will need to repeat this step on all Linked Site Core servers.

This issue will be addressed in a future WSM version.

1 Message

June 5th, 2015 02:00

I was looking for a solution for this! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by mhaase View Post
Please open the WSM Admin UI on the Linked Core Server(s) and uncheck the "Delete Write Cache on Shutdown" option and then click the Update System Settings button to complete these changes. http://playgalaga.com Once this is done, check the box for this option and then click the Update System Settings button to save the changes. 
This should now correct the issue on your linked sites. 
You will need to repeat this step on all Linked Site Core servers.

This issue will be addressed in a future WSM version.

June 5th, 2015 02:00

Got it! It works, thanks for your help 

No Events found!