Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 4th, 2015 04:00

New WSM6.2 install won't register OS

New WSM6.2 install won't register OS

Hi, I have installed a new WSM6.2 server. Installed a new reference device with 6.2 client. captured and finalized an image. WSM console in Unregistred tab says it's Captured and ready to stream. Want to registre the image. Not posible : Could not update the OS image on core server. You cannot update OS Image if it is currently being streamed. Please shutdown all devices streaming from this OS Image and re-try. Devices are all of. Server and reference devices rebooted. No solution. Any posible solution? Thanks in advance.

200 Posts

June 4th, 2015 04:00

Looks like the system thinks the image is still in use and locked. This could happen if the Reference Device was not shut down properly, or is currently booted from PXE and is streaming the image.
As a simple workaround, you could try to create a copy of the image in the StreamingDir\osimages folder using Windows Explorer, and then register the copy in the WSM Admin Console.

If the issue persists, please file a support case in the Self-Service Portal and attach a completed WSM Troubleshooting Form plus log files etc. as requested.

#Iwork4Dell

5 Posts

June 4th, 2015 05:00

Reference device seemed shut down without problems. Made a new image from it. This image regitered fine. Copy of the previouse image nog also registers fine. Possible reference device did not shut down fine aftyer all. Tnx.

One more question : pathed the OS directly now. Looks Ok. Made a version _V1 under my OS. TC still boots without the changes. Do i have to change someting to let the tc boot from the pathced image? Hope you can help me with this also, Thanks.

200 Posts

Is the OS Image flagged as Enabled "yes" on the Patches Tab?
If not, you'll have wait until this has happened.
Timeouts are controlled on the Settings page. 

#Iwork4Dell

5 Posts

ok

Called customer and overnight te status was OK. Tnx for your help.

No Events found!