Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 3rd, 2015 05:00

OS Partition Mode

OS Partition Mode

Thank you in advance for any helpful suggestions. I recently upgraded from WSM 5.0 to 6.0 and have everything configured correctly. The OS images are being streamed and everything is working as planned. My problem is that I am unable to change the OS partition from volatile cache mode to persistent cache mode. The interface shows the option, but the "Save Changes" button is disabled (grayed-out). Any ideas?

If it helps, I am only trying to add a web link to the users desktop. If there is an alternative means to do this, I'm game.

Thanks,
B2

200 Posts

If you have enabled the OS Image for distribution, you cannot alter any of it settings anymore as the warning explains when you click on the Distribute button on the Content Distribution tab of the OS Image.
If you want to update the content of the OS Image (i.e. for adding a web link) the OS Image Patch process is the correct way to apply permanent changes to the image.

23 Posts

Thank you mhasse for explaining what needs to happen. It worked perfectly. There is quite a difference between WSM 4.0 and WSM 6.1. Thanks again.

1 Message

June 3rd, 2015 06:00

thanks you for the information, this is so helpfull me on myjob.

toko mebel bandung

1 Message

June 3rd, 2015 06:00

If it helps, I am only trying to add a web link to the users desktop. If there is an alternative means to do this, I'm game.

Get free demos for 70-680 dumps exam and mcts exam with testking.us guaranteed success. Our best quality usuhs prepares you well before appearing in the final exams of www.bc.edu and mcts with Quincy University

No Events found!