Kaje-2015
1 Nickel

RE: WSM on Server 2K8 R2 anyone?

Have been running WSM Server from client's Svr2003 file server but it was proving to be too much of a load, considering the other app databases running from it, so I went back to Svr2008SP2 in hypervisor. I had successfully installed this a moment ago but had just added it to the existing WSM Server, making it an Edge Server instead of a Core. I then made the changes to turn it into a Core Server, removed the original Svr2003 Server from WSM Admin and then walked away for about 30 min. When I came back, the local site was reporting the orig as the Core server again and the new Svr2008 was not even in the system. The odd thing is, the HQ server still saw the 2008 server as the Core for this site.

I decided to just blow away the SQL db and WSM install on the VM and start with a Stand Alone install... I'm having the same problem as my previous post where the WSM Monitor service fails to start. I can't even access the WSM Admin page as it gives me an error stating Error 503, Service Unavailable...

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Kaje-2015
1 Nickel

05072011 [02:02:14:378] (-05:00) [1352] ERROR: 8001 encountered -- database may be down
this is excerpt from the monitor log file, except the database IS up. The service is started. I have restarted the database service a couple times actually...

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Kaje-2015
1 Nickel

SOLVED - So frustrating... so basically, you cannot rely on the Add/Remove uninstall procedure to completely remove all the files. I found that WSM files were not completely removed and there were also still SQL Server files. After blowing away THOSE folders and THEN re-installing yet again, it was a smooth process and now my WSM Server is up and running on my Server2008SP2 VM...

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Kaje-2015
1 Nickel

Server 2K8Stnd SP2 has been giving my fits. I am also running from within ESXi 4.1 but specifically, what I have been experiencing is that from a fresh install, the "WSM Monitor" service will not start, thus rendering the WSM Server useless. Of course, I'm running the Prereqs before the Server install. These are clean Svr2K8Stnd SP2 virtual machines with just Windows Updates. They are not running any other roles or serving any other purposes. One of them was joined to an existing domain, but that is all.

Any thoughts on this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos