Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 9th, 2015 10:00

Winodows 8 and Mobile Disconnected Mode error: No API found

Winodows 8 and Mobile Disconnected Mode error: No API found

Hello, I am trying to stream a captured Windows 8 image, in Mobile Disconnected mode, and am getting the error: "No API found. Press any key to continue". I've successfully captured and streamed a Windows 7 image to the same device. Also, I have tried 2 different models of laptops and am receiving the same error with both. I installed the latest client, 6.2, and used the OSMVDiskImage.exe file from it to capture the Windows 8 OS.

Here is the sequence of events during boot up:

Wyse WSM Non-PXE Bootstrap - version 6.2.0
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Dell Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Found Network Controller
Found PnP BIOS...

CPUID = GenuineIntel
WSM Local Data:
Signature : (Signature)
Version : 00020000
CacheMode : 0002
BS Partition : (Partition info)
OS Partition : (Partition info)
Cache Partition: (Partition info)
Image Ser # (Image info)
Image ID # (Image Id)
IOS IP : (Info)
Flag : 00000000

No API found.
Press any key to continue...
(after key is pressed)

Booting to provisioned Hard Disk...
Please wait while initializing cache.............. (Lots more......)
Done

(Then it boots to the Provisioned HDD Fine.)

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you for your time.

Tyler

200 Posts

June 9th, 2015 10:00

Hi Tyler,

I just verified provisioning of Windows 8.1 works great with WSM 6.2.0, and I compared the output of the WSM Non-PXE Bootstrap with yours.
After Flag: 00000000 the next task of the bootstrap is to leverage PXE/UNDI to talk to the NIC in order to communicate with the login service on the WSM server and check if it a local boot or an update of the image on the client should be performed.
No API found indicates a problem communicating to the NIC in the client being used.

• what client hardware are you using?
  • does provisioning the Windows 7 image work on the same hardware?
  • Have you tried with a different brand/model and applied latest BIOS update?
  • if it is a newer system, configure the BIOS to use legacay mode instead of UEFI
  • have you entered the address of the login server manually when the client has booted the first time after it was provisioned?

- you can press thee "g" key during the execution of the Non-PXE Bootstrap and wipe the list of login servers
- you can also use a DNS record called "CDserver" to specify the IP/Hostname of the WSM Server

No Events found!