Phtr
1 Copper

problem pulling image from wyse 5070

I am trying to pull image from wyse 5070 with WMS, 1.3.. It has freshly installed Windows (Windows 10 IoT Enterprise Redstone 1 Unified Build 10.03.06.03.19.00 for Wyse 5070 thin client.) I can see pull request in client, but after restart it boot up to windows without booting up to merlin and sending image to WMS, then after windows load, it again show pull request and restart.. same procedure worked for WMS 1.3 and wyse 5020, but it doesn't work with 5070, does it require some other components? I am using: WDA_14.3.0.66_Unified.exe and boot agent 3.7.7 ,A00 Any sugestions?
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: problem pulling image from wyse 5070

Hi,

Does it show any errors in the logs? Page 156 https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/wyse-wms_administrator-guide15_en-us.pdf

Thanks,
Josh Craig
Dell EMC Enterprise Support Services
Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO
0 Kudos
Phtr
1 Copper

Hello

no errors,

it act like there is no Merlin, - it doesn't kick in after restart, and goes straight to windows (wms shows Merlin 377 on device) 

bcdedit /enum firmware doesn't list merlin

is there a way to add it manually in a proper and safe way? 

installation of Merlin always finish with success -run exe file locally or deply via WMS

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos

Is the bios up to date? https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=58jdd&oscode=wt64a&produc... Have you tried pushing the OS image again? I don’t see a way to manually add it to the boot menu.

Thanks,
Josh Craig
0 Kudos
Phtr
1 Copper

bios was updated to latest version 

then imaged via usb tool to  Windows 10 IoT Enterprise Redstone 1 Unified Build 10.03.06.03.19.00 for Wyse 5070 thin client.

tried to pull image but it failed due to merlin not kick in after reboot,

so updated Merlin ..and WDA to latest version - still pulling doesn't work to WMS- while it work for any other wyse model

only problem i can see is with missing bcdedit entry.. (WMS detect proper version of Merlin and WDA, applying settings and all other functions works correct,, just pulling / pushing image has problem

maybe it is bug in windows release or bios?

not sure if it matter but i am using 64 gb ssd with pentium cpu wyse 5070 

any further suggestions?

0 Kudos
Phtr
1 Copper

also just in case did factory reset bios settings, and only changed allow to boot from usb to enable
0 Kudos

Your best option probably to call into warranty support.

Thanks,
Josh Craig
0 Kudos