Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

July 2nd, 2015 09:00

Can I convert and S30 to linux?

Smile Can I convert and S30 to linux?

Is it possible to remove the CE image for a linux version?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

*** she finally tell me where to get the conversion to the wyse

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

The Wyse® S Class ThinOS Conversion Kit

Hello
appealed to all suppliers in the Ukraine and Russia. The Wyse® S Class ThinOS Conversion Kit As one, they say that is not for sale. Dell on the site either. Where can I buy it?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

The Wyse® S Class ThinOS Conversion Kit

where vaunted support Wyse? I am your customer!! where can I buy The Wyse ® S Class ThinOS Conversion Kit. Not For Sale! Give way!

623 Posts

You will need to contact yout reseller to get a conversion kit.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

96 Posts

July 3rd, 2015 01:00

Looks like the S30 is end of life, so it will be very difficult to find an upgrade. You may want to turn it into a paperweight or a door holder instead ;o)

5 Posts

July 3rd, 2015 01:00

Or just google how (and what is required hardware wise ) to get those to boot Linux. 
Short answer. Upgrade ram (up to 1Gb pc-2700 so-DIMM for the -02L revisions) and boot from usb.

Btw, have you tried to post outside this "main topic" area? After all the posts here are supposed to be Windows CE related, so maybe you can faster/more response to your questions...
Cheers!

No Events found!