Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

July 15th, 2015 08:00

Can RDP but not PCoIP/VDM

Can RDP but not PCoIP/VDM

This seems to be a single-sign on issue, but I am having trouble resolving. I can connect to my Win7 clients via RDP, and I connect to my connection server via VDM without any problems. However, when I go to connect to test pool I see (on the View Administrator event viewer) where the connection server allocates a VM and I see the thin client try to pass the username & pwd combo, but it fails with the error: "An authentication error has occurred (Code: 0xc000018b)." I have a Wyse C30LE running 6.0 (build 665). Any input would be greatly appreciated. Also please not that I can connect to my VMs via the regular Windows VMware View Client without any issues.

2 Posts

I am getting the same issue if I try to RDP to our 2008 R2 Remote Desktop server as the domain administrator. I tried usingadministrator@contoso.com, contoso.com\administrator, contoso\administrator

2 Posts

Not resolved, but at least explained...

After further research I have concluded, correctly I think, that the reason I was able to RDP but not PCoIP is that this Wyse terminal does not support PCoIP. Basically when the unit was purchased for testing they did not check VMware's HCL, just the NY state purchasing site and so we ended up with a thin client that doesn't support PCoIP. Oh well, we should be able to use these as Kiosks via RDP in other locations. Regards.

No Events found!