Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 6th, 2015 01:00

Citrix Web v5 complains V30L has no client

Citrix Web v5 complains V30L has no client

When logging into Citrix Web, a client plugin isn't detected:

"Warning! The website is unable to detect the appropriate plugin on your computer to allow you to access your applications. Click here to obtain plugin."

The client is installed on this WinCE v6 B664 V30L. It will open an ICA connection if I tell Citrix Web that the plugin is "already installed," but it has to be told every time I login. I'm trying to get it to either find the client or not need to be told a client is already installed.

I found an old WinCE fix for this. It edited a VBS file to ignore WinCE, but it was for a much older version of Citrix Web, which is all javascript now.

Does anyone know what the workaround is for this error? TIA

Regards,
-peter

12 Posts

July 6th, 2015 02:00

It seems to failing the WinCE test. I've caught it getting into the IE test, but failing to create the object. this is on the Citrix Web server.

// Detect whether ICA Client is available.
<%
if ((sClientInfo.osWinCE() && sClientInfo.isIE()) || sClientInfo.osSymbian() ) {
%>
// It is difficult to reliably detect processor type for WinCE and Symbian Devices
// and therefore to choose the right flavour of the ICA client.
// Also, it is not possible to simply download and install ICA client for some of these devices,
// e.g. WBTs. Therefore, we assume that ICA client is always available.

function detectNativeClient() {
return true;
}

<%
} else if ((sClientInfo.osWinCE() || sClientInfo.osWin64()) && sClientInfo.isIE()) {
%>
// For Win32 IE, we attempt to create an ActiveX Client object. If it
// succeeds, client is available.
function detectNativeClient() {
return (createIcaObj() != null);
}

12 Posts

July 6th, 2015 02:00

My two problems were related and the fix was found in the Citrix forum. Thanks, Fred! -peter

Fred Donovan

Re: Web Interface v5.1.2 complains V30L has no client
Posted: Nov 8, 2010 2:29 PM in response to: Fred Donovan Reply
1 users found this post useful

Peter,

On your WinCE device, check Control Panel -> Internet Settings -> and change the User Agent to WinCE. On my S30 it was set to (Default - Same as Windows XP) and I would get the client deployment screen after logging in to WI. Apparently, this IE setting sends the browser/OS version to WI; with the default setting WI thinks a Win32 device is connecting rather than WinCE. Change the User Agent to Windows CE and WI will no longer prompt you to download the plug-in. This resolved the issue on my S30.

This was a tricky one and it will be documented in a KB article.

Please provide an update when you get a chance.

Thanks,
Fred

No Events found!