Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

May 20th, 2015 08:00

Monitor blackout issue

Monitor blackout issue

Hi Guy,

Appreciate if anyone can help on this issue we face in most of our Wyse Terminal

We have about 600 units Wyse Terminal across the Asia and some of them having the randomly monitor blackout issue. We have dual monitor setup and the blackout issue happen on the left monitor which is the DVI connection (Port 2 on the Wyse Terminal).

Model: Rx0L R90LW WES 1.5G 2GF/1GR INTL

The only solution is to reboot the Wyse Terminal.

We have done several testing such as change the DVI cable, reimage the virtual SOE but it does not help.

Please let me know if you have any resolution for this issue or can I upgrade the graphic card firmware? May I know where to get it?

Thank you

May 20th, 2015 08:00

Unfortunately, this is a well-known issue with these clients. It took me over 1 year to actually get a proper answer from our contact in Wyse (and to get them to acknowledge that it is indeed a problem.)

Fortunately, the fix is quite simple (pasted email I got from Wyse support):

Likely problem that AMD has identified is that the coherent mode register setting seems to be changing between user and admin logins. On top of that, the dual display makes the problem more frequent since the register setting is not persistent.

AMD seems to have remedied the problem and has provided us with an updated driver. Please find the driver at the link provided below.

ftp://support-emea.wyse.com/public/N...11_XP_Full.zip 

With this updated driver, the Administrator / User will still have to manually uncheck the Alternate DVI Operational Mode checkbox once the driver is installed.

Here are the instructions to be followed in Administrator login (First)

1. Disable Write Filter in Admin login. (Auto Reboot)
2. Install the new driver. The version is the same but its updated with some more settings.
3. Make sure the Alternate DVI Operational mode checkbox is unchecked.

Test to see if this resolves both the blinking monitor and blank monitor issues.

Here are the instructions to be followed in User login (Second)

1. Go to Control Panel, Display control applet.
2. Go to Settings tab, click on Advanced button.
3. Go to Catalyst Control Center tab, click on the button to launch Catalyst Control Center UI.
4. Again, make sure the Alternate DVI Operational mode checkbox is unchecked.

Also, please make sure the driver version/build (110513a-121560E-AMD) is accurate once the installation is complete.

With the new driver the 1440x900 resolution is no longer available. In case you need that please also download the following file:
ftp://support-emea.wyse.com/public/N...n_1440x900.zip

1 Message

May 28th, 2015 08:00

please share some tips regarding the issue

Download high quality 199-01 to prepare and with Braindumps Also get free demos of www.usna.edu for review of mcitp McDaniel College

96 Posts

Make sure that your firmware version is at least at build 719. If not go to  https://appservices.wyse.com/pages/s...R90LW / R90LEW to download

25 Posts

Try changing from 32bit to 16bit.

1 Message

We installed that. However doesn't help. Anyone could advice?

I am also facing same issues...Can anyone suggest me the prior solutions on it?

Find more on Google shared contacts

No Events found!