Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

May 21st, 2015 07:00

Problem Installing WebCams

Problem Installing WebCams

We are having problems installing webcams on to a Wyse thin client.

The Terminal server is a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2.
The Wyse Thin client is an R90LW running Windows Embedded.

Installed on both the server and client is the Wyse TCX Suite version 4.1.0.19
The Terminal server also has various webcam software installed.

We have tried two webcams:
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Microsoft LifeCam VX-700

I will start with the Logitech webcam
The drivers for the Logitech have been installed on the server.
1. The Wyse machine is turned on and the webcam plugged into the USB port on the front of the machine. The webcam is then registered on the Wyse TCX software.
2. I then connected to the Terminal server as administrator from the Wyse machine.
3. Clicked “Proceed” on the Wyse “Everyone will be able to use this device” message box.
4. Run some webcam software, and select the USB webcam.
5. An image then appears from the camera but with a very slow refresh rate.
6. After about 5 minutes of running some webcam software the server either stops responding or reboots itself due to a system error. We have also had occasions where the Wyse machine has a “Blue screen” event or has rebooted itself.

We have also tried a Microsoft cam
No drivers are required to be installed for this cam.
1. The Wyse machine is turned on and the webcam plugged into the USB port on the front of the machine. The web cam registered on the Wyse TCX software.
2. I then connected to the Terminal server as administrator from the Wyse machine.
3. Clicked “Proceed” on the Wyse “Everyone will be able to use this device” message box.
4. Run some webcam software, the USB webcam is unavailable. In Device Manager the web cam shows as Other/Microsoft.
5. However when the webcam is connected directly to the USB port on the front of the server, we are able to run some web cam software and select the “USB device”, and the web cam works.

We urgently require assistance to resolve these issues.

No Responses!
No Events found!