Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

July 8th, 2015 07:00

Question Administrator vs User when using signature pads on V90LE

Question Administrator vs User when using signature pads on V90LE

We are attempting to use ePadlink's ePad signature capture USB pad in our Wyse V90LE / MS Terminal Server 2003 environment. To put it as simply as possible, the device will work (drivers load properly on the TS over RDP) while logged into the thin client as Administrator, but not as User.

The V90LE has Embedded XP, and both User and Administrator are part of the local Administrators group - so it doesn't appear to be a windows side security issue. I have spoken with ePad's tech support at length and they are at a loss. The issue is a buried/hidden difference between Administrator and User on the thin client, not the domain side.

I have forty users waiting to use these capture pads on an electronic health care records program, I would appreciate any help possible in figuring this out.

10 Posts

When attempting to connect from the client via RDP, you would click "connect" and then soon after it would silently fail and "connect" would be clickable again

Ideal is the beacon. Without ideal , there is no secure direction ; without direction , there is no life

All things are difficult before they are easy.

4 Posts

Answer Determined

Although this link isnt for the windows 7 embedded it works.

http://www.epadsupport.com/downloads...111/readme.htm

Look to page 5 on the document and there are two registry entries that must be present for each user or the signature pad will not work.

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\AddIns\
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client\AddIns\

After installing the software as admin look for these registry settings and then duplicate them for each additional user.

4 Posts

Did anyone figure out what was causing the issues between the user/admin accounts. I am having the same issue with a windows 7 embedded thin client.

623 Posts

Thank you for sharing this information.

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

96 Posts

Try creating a new user and use that user instead. The default Wyse User is very restricted. You will need to modify the netxclean.ini file so that your settings do not get deleted.

No Events found!