Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C2

July 2nd, 2015 08:00

S30 SX0 Wyse terminals do not set time correctly

S30 SX0 Wyse terminals do not set time correctly

We supply & maintain Wyse units at various different sites that then connect to a Windows 2008 R2 terminal server, and we have noticed a problem with our S30 SX0 units that when powered off the time rolls back to August (not 100% on the month but I believe this is it) 2006. I believe this is because the units do not have a CR2032 (or equivalent) button battery to keep the clocks going after they have switched off, from what the Wyse website says.

This wouldn't be a problem were it not for the fact that Windows Server 2008 requires clocks to be accurate on a connecting device to allow it to log onto the server - one site had a power cut last week and were very displeased at having to reset the time on 15 Wyse units one by one. Is there some configuration setting to ensure that the units can pick up the correct current time when powered on, if they are are already correctly configured for network access; or even to save the current time so if they are switched off and then back on, they are merely minutes or hours out, and not years (a discrepancy Windows Server 2008 can get around)?

As 2008 R2 is the current up-to-date Microsoft server OS and requires an accurate time setting, to supply a working product without a battery to ensure this, there has to be a way of keeping the time right. Anyone know what this setting might be?

July 2nd, 2015 08:00

Anyone else have any ideas?

96 Posts

July 2nd, 2015 09:00

LazaRock,
I'm not a moderator, but many times you need the "Official" answer from a company so that you can present it to the bosses. A moderator saying "No you can't" is not as useful in this case as a document that says "No you can't". Just my 2 cents.

We are also having this same issue.

623 Posts

Please review the following knowledge base article for an answer: https://support.wyse.com/OA_HTML/csk...qe6EoJhKziN33g..

Roger Montalvo 
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

8 Posts

Ah...same here...just had to go thru 50 of these and reset manually...NOT FUN!!! Then power went out again and yes, had to do again. Did some patch on the 2008 R2 server prevent these from getting time perhaps? Been fine for past 5+ yrs until now.

5 Posts

Since you are a super moderator, and are most probably very knowledgeable, would you consider to include the answer "it is just not possible to save the time when you switch off the SX0 devices" and save everybodys time in going to the posted link that does not add valuable information? 
Have a wonderful day!

No Events found!