D90D7 - mappig local disk drive (c:) into rdp session as user
i have a bunch of D90D7 with Windows Embedded Standard 7 which will be used to connect via RDP to a Windows Server 2008 R2. No Problem until this Point... But there is the need to map the local drive c: into the rdp session. For security and comfort reasons this should be achived under the local "user" user... but there is no local drive in the remote session no matter what i try. it works if i try the same settings under the local builtin administrator - just like it should.
what i did:
- configured mapping of local drive c: in the rdp connection of the user (with write filter off and and as administrator)
- same configuration in a rdp session done by administrator to the same terminal server works
- no active directory domain or equivalent at this time
- same behavior in the latest win embedded standard 7 image (don't remeber the exact version of the one the thinclient were delivered with)
- also already tried with user in administrator group and with full access rights on drive c: (ntfs)
I couldn't find anything about this behavior on this forum or on google... has anybody an idea about this? any kind of help appreciated!
thanks in advice...
Any particular reason why the C: drive needs to be mapped? Can't you add a USB stick ad use that as your Read/Write drive? The Flash drives on thin clients are not made for frequent writes, so if you are planning on doing a lot of writing to these drives, you will be cutting the life of the drives considerably.
Visit our Dell Wyse Thin Client Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at www.wyse.com/KB
Visit our Dell Wyse PocketCloud Knowledge Base and Manuals web site at http://pocketcloudsupport.wyse.com/forums