Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 19th, 2015 08:00

DHCP Fails on C90LE7 While Trying to Update

DHCP Fails on C90LE7 While Trying to Update

I have several Wyse C90LE7 devices with Windows 7 Embedded that I have created an update image in WDM 4.8. When I schedule the update, the units will see the update notification and then restart to download and install. But once they reboot and hit the Merlin process, they fail to find the DHCP server. Not sure where to start looking. Our DHCP server will give out addresses to any device, for example, cell phones, handheld devices, ect. regardless of whether they're on the domain.

19 Posts

Is the terminal on the same subnet as the WDM? If not, you may need to set the WDM Server IP as an ip helper address on your switch. You can also try to create wdmserver as a dns record and point it to your wdmserver.

3 Posts

I have had an open case with Wyse for over 4 months about this same problem. We have all of the options tags setup correctly and the all devices get IP's but during non-pxe update it will fail. If you have found a solution for this please post!

3 Posts

Do you have the DNS SRV record(s) setup?

Thanks for the suggestion. I had already tried moving the PXE line up to the top but the units still were unable to get an IP from DHCP.

19 Posts

already added option 186 in you DHCP Server?

Yes, option 186 is setup with with the IP of our WDM server.

19 Posts

Jimarch,

Maybe your boot order is not correct. I found out that IDE 0 is the first boot device instead of PXE (needed for Network boot)
You can verify this by entering the Bios (press Delete by start up) and check boot device. Most likely PXE Lan will be second in line. Change this to position 1 and try again

You can also use Non PXE imaging, but i think you need an enterprise key for WDM.. but i'm not sure.

No Events found!