Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 20th, 2015 02:00

USB Tool on Z90S7 4GF/2GR

USB Tool on Z90S7 4GF/2GR

Has anyone successfully pulled an image from a 4GF/2GR model? I get a fail whenever I try. I use a Sandisk Cruzer 8GB with the U3 partition removed. I have created the tool with both 1.13 (no Fail message) and the latest 1.15 (gives a fast "Copy image to USB failed" message within seconds.) Either version would then change the tool into a Push device (even when failed!?!)

I'm trying to pull my custom setup image, not a factory image. I have the logfile, if anyone is interested in seeing that.

BTW, why does the USB Firmware Tool close after creating a flash? What if I want to make several copies or need to change it back to a Pull after every failure?

12 Posts

There was a problem with c1.15. Wyse suggested v1.13 and it worked.

12 Posts

I have some clarification to add. The USB Tool works when the Z90S7 has the factory image on it. What might I have changed when I customized Win7e to add our device drivers to it? What does the tool interface with in the factory image that it can't find on my image?

12 Posts

June 9th, 2015 09:00

I created an image USB successfully. I made a change to Windows and I wanted that change to also be on the USB image. This time 1.13 failed again (with no Fail message,) like it was doing earlier.

No Events found!