Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 31st, 2017 04:00

WDM 5.7.2 - Help!!

Hi all,

It's a long story so i'll bullet point:

• Downloaded latest image (9..097064.15GB) including fixes for WannaCrypt exploits.
  • Had to update from WDM 5.7.1 to 5.7.2 to manage the new image.
  • Latest image comes with WDA 12.1.1.25, which appears to include HAgent, although i would appreciate confirmation of this....
  • WDM 5.7.2 no longer has a HAgent package for installing.
  • Latest image came with Boot Agent 3.4.4.
  • Latest image didn't come with WCM Agent installed so I've tried multiple versions (1.3.3, 1.4.0.3, 1.4.2.0)
  • None of the versions of WCM Agent i have tried will allow me to push a config from WDM. I always get an error.
  • I tried importing XML manually but when pressing the Import button WCM Agent crashes in all versions with the WDA 12.
  • I've tried numeours versions of the Configuration Manager too. 
  • I have since tried the latest version i could find on the web, WDA 13. Still no joy. 

I have since rolled back to the previous image (9.080895.15GB), but nothing seems to want to push from WDM 5.7.2. It usually will do the first reboot then sit there logged in as the local user with the write filter off and the job never seems to error. I have to delete it manually.

I'm about to delete the WDM server and rebuild from scratch with 5.7.1. 

My question is, does anyone know which versions of WDM work with WDA, HAgent and the Boot Agent. It seems to me like we need to match each of these elements specifically or nothing works.

I've spent the past two weeks, in and out of work hours, trying to get my head around this. It's seriously putting me off buying Dell/Wyse Thin Clients in the future! The lack of support and documentation, on top of the numerous agents and incompatible versions of everything is soul destroying.

Does anyone know how this is supposed to work?

All i want to do is have the devices boot in to the default user account but in Citrix Applicance Mode and have the account already setup so all the user has to do is login to Citrix. Should be pretty simple really....

9 Posts

August 1st, 2017 02:00

Hi all,

Hopefully this will help someone...

I think that in the course of upgrading 5.7.1 to 5.7.2 something didn't go quite right. I was pushing packages from WDM but the wrong versions were being installed. Perhaps the upgrade didn't do a proper job of updating the folder where the packages are kept.

I installed 5.7.2 on a fresh server. Uninstalled any agents and apps that aren't required then pushed out the latest boot agent 3.4.5, which includes some sort of fix for routing. After that i pushed out WDA 12.1.4.2. 

And that was it. Apparently the latest WDA includes WCM so no need to install it separately. I'm not sure if this is documented or not, but in the last 20 days i haven't found anything suggesting that it is.

Lessons learned:

• Always install fresh, never update WDM.
  • No matter how many times you read through guides there is always a chance something hasn't been covered.

Good Luck 

9 Posts

July 31st, 2017 05:00

Before deleting the current server i thought i'd try manually installing WDA copied off the server, version 12.1.0.19 apparently, even though on the WebUI it shows as 12.1.4.2.

During the process WDA installer removes HAgent, and WCM Agent. Has there been a change? Do we now only need WDA, beyond a certain version? If not, does anyone know what else i need to be able to successfully push out configurations?

9 Posts

July 31st, 2017 05:00

OK, so 12.1.0.9 didn't want to register with the WDM server. Uninstalled WDA from the thin client, so now i'm on the earlier image with no agents.

Re-installing WDM 5.7.1 on a fresh server, will then push out all agents from there and hopefully a configuration. Will report back.

9 Posts

July 31st, 2017 08:00

Hopefully someone will chime in on this other than me... 

I already had WDM 5.7.1 and 5.7.2 downloaded however, 5.7.1 is an update. Tried downloading 5.7_GA but it doesnt get any further than 46MB.

So i have decided to install 5.7.2_GA on the fresh server.

It could be that the proble3m i;ve been having is due to the RouterIssue on the BootAgent. I'll try the fixed boot agent and see how i get on.

Meanwhile, 5.7_GA might actually download.

10 Posts

November 21st, 2017 04:00

Yup upgrading WDM prove to be more troublesome than their benefit, better fresh install and redeploy all thin client in group, luckily my environment is still small and i'm using dhcp option for WDM setting so all thin client reporting back instantly after user reboot.

When my environment getting bigger, i dont think this is quite effective as we as admin dont always have time to redeploy every WDM upgrade. Dell support on wyse device is also very bad, i think their team also still learning configuring Wyse system, like the policy to join wyse device to domain until this day still dont have clear answer, sysprep documentation is also very lack, T10 supporting remoteFX ??? what a joke causing all my T10 client to down for 3 days!!!!, downloading software is quite "misterious" i also seriously considering moving from what used to be leader in thin client to HP.

Anyway after facing the same problem with you, i can confirm installing WDA 13.0.2.21 will also include HAgent and WCM support

560 Posts

November 21st, 2017 09:00

Wriggerz,

FYI - The WDA agent replaces HAgent. WDA is the common agent used by WDM and WMS, so if you are using WDM 5.7.2 or WMS, you should be using WDA version 12.1.4.2

Try installing WDM 5.7.2 instead. If you continue to have problems, please include the model number of the thin client you are having troubles with, and the firmware version the thin client is running on.

WDM 5.7.2 code and documentation can be downloaded form the following url: https://downloads.dell.com/wyse/WDM/5.7.2/

No Events found!