Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

May 18th, 2015 09:00

Wyse Configuration Manager (WCM)

Smile Wyse Configuration Manager (WCM)

Apologies of course if this has been addressed elsewhere. I'm presently conducting an evaluation of the D90D7 and Z90D7 thin clients, in a workgroup setting.

When using Wyse Configuration Manager on the Z90D7, settings are applied only when an administrator logs on, even with "Import configuration on every boot" enabled.

When using Wyse Configuration Manager on the D90D7, the configuration file downloads from my ftp, but return an error "Configuration file was not successfully imported to device". I've also attempted to use the same XML file locally but receive the same error.

I'd appreciate any similar experiences or suggestions the community may have.

Hi!

I also have the problem with D90D7, I have the latest firmware image (0855), WCm Server 1.3.0.0 and Client 1.30.0.4. The settings are fetched with FTP, the rdp-connection file is in the folder "documents", not on the desktop !?

In the xml file is also a configured network share, and I can see it, but not the rdp file. When I log in as admin, everything is fine, but not as user

8 Posts

Finally got a response back from WYSE, ended up being the factory image on my D90D7 was corrupt. I had to download and deploy:
BDB0_0855_4096.exe 20-Jun-2013
(2.82 GB) v9.04 B855 Dell Wyse D90D7 WES 7 WFR4 image for D class platforms

After this the WCM deploys the config on boot and works every time

2 Posts

Just an update as to how this was resolved.

I deployed the WES7 image BDB0_0846_4096 which includes WCM client version 1.2.0.0. Previously our image contained WCM client version 1.0.0.18.
It appears the upgraded version does not produce the errors and instead functions per specifications.

8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ashley_au View Post

Just an update as to how this was resolved.

I deployed the WES7 image BDB0_0846_4096 which includes WCM client version 1.2.0.0. Previously our image contained WCM client version 1.0.0.18.
It appears the upgraded version does not produce the errors and instead functions per specifications.

How did you deploy a later WES7 image?? I am having a similar problem where the settings would only update if I log on as Admin and click import. However they would not update on the user profile..

May 28th, 2015 05:00

I am having this exact issue on a D90D7; The WCM agent on the thin client can connect to the server and download the WES7Config.xml file, but it only does so automatically when logging into the admin account.

vip_kass, where are the two different locations to set these settings that you are speaking of?

25 Posts

It can happen due to the order in wich you set this setting, you have to do it in two different locations. Plus you need to make sure everyting is configured on the servers aka it has the right path, file, and settings.

1 Message

I have similar issue with my D90D7 and WCM 1.3

The configuration file is saved locally on C:\config\mysettings.xml.
When administrator logs in, the configuration file is applied at boot, but not when a "user" logs in.

any solution to this ?

25 Posts

You have the setting in both WCM and settings that can override them within WDM, Preferences, service, Here you there is a FTP site setting, there another one within DHCP\TFTP, also if you have WTOS there WTOS ini path check-in setting. I'm sure there is more, that is just what I found on my site. I've see your issue too, I want to say it client side, in the order that you save the config... Have you tried to set it all up with the autologin with admin right, turn write filter off, logoff shift, back-on with auto, setup WES7config, remove rights, save, reboot?

4 Posts

Has anyone found the solution to this? I am haveing the same thing, I upgraded to WCM 1.3 and applied a profile, the profile loads fine when logged in as Admin, but nothing is applied when logged in as User. What gives? Is there someplace else you need to enable the profile for other users? Thanks!

No Events found!