Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 19th, 2015 03:00

Wyse Z90S7 no audio after a few minutes

Wyse Z90S7 no audio after a few minutes

We are using the Wyse Z90S7 with Windows 7 Embedded to connect to our Citrix XenDesktop 5.6 environment. The issue comes after I log into a virtual desktop (Windows 7 SP1 x86), I initially have sound but after a few minutes the sound just stops working, no messages, no errors, the sound just stops. The thin client itself still has sound but the sound from the virtual desktop stops passing to the thin client.

We have narrowed the issue down to the specific Wyse Z90S7 that we currently have. We have tested other Thin Clients as well as thick client and this issue does not happen.

I talked to Citrix to see if they have seen this issue before and they said they have seen it with the Z90D7.

Has anyone had this issue and if so, did it get resolved?

4 Posts

Yes we did. Go to the Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) and add in the icaclient.adm Administrative Template located in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\ICA Client\Configuration". Once added you need to enable the Client Audio settings and set it to High. The setting is found under Administrative Templates - Classic Administrative Templates - Citrix Components - Citrix Receiver - User Experience. Set this under both Computer and User Configuration.

1 Message

I am having the same exact issue with the D90D7. Did you ever get this resolved?

4 Posts

Just as a test I attached a SATA drive to the Thin Client and added Windows 7 Enterprise. When booted to the Windows 7 Enterprise hard drive that is connected to the Thin Client we do not experience the audio loss issue. If I boot back to the Windows Embedded 7 then the issue returns. 

It looks like the issue may be related to the OS or possible a driver???

No Events found!