Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 12th, 2015 04:00

Why Xenith?

Lightbulb Why Xenith?

Anyone interested in giving me some pro's and con's comparing a Xenith to lets say a C10?

Let's say I have a mixed XenApp (mostly published desktops) and XenDesktop environment, and we already have a ThinOS infrastructure (S10 and C10) in place. Is there any reason for me - at all - to be looking into Xenith?

Any input on this much appreciated.

167 Posts

May 12th, 2015 04:00

If you are already using ThinOS and are familiar with INI, central updates, etc.. then you should be fine staying on ThinOS. As you may know, both Xenith and ThinOS7 are built on top of the new Wyse Zero engine so eventually the HDX protocol updates that go into Xenith make their way onto ThinOS.

Where Xenith shines above and beyond ThinOS is that since it is purpose-built for Citrix and HDX, it has alot of "smarts" and optimizations out of the box to automatically integrate with your Citrix environment (especially with XenDesktop). ThinOS is a bit more flexible in that it supports other protocols and software (e.g RDP, Wyse TCX, Wyse VDA,etc) as well as being available on a wider range of hardware (like the newly introduced R10L).

Hope that helps a bit. In any case, feel free to reach out to a Wyse rep and they can discuss what may be best for you in greater detail.

28 Posts

May 28th, 2015 06:00

Ok, hangulo, thanks for the clarifications.

We'll probably stick with ThinOS-based clients for now, to avoid a mixed environment.

No Events found!