Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

May 12th, 2015 08:00

Wyse Xenith 1.5 - Problem with Zero Toolbar

Wyse Xenith 1.5 - Problem with Zero Toolbar

Hi,

the problem is that after the firmware upgrade on version 1.5 the zero toolbar is disabled but we need this for our users with autologin. What is the correction configuration entry in my xen.ini to overrule this setting and enable the toolbar again?

Thanks and Kind Regards,
Michael

167 Posts

I assume this user only has 1 VM, right? The zero toolbar has been disabled by default for these users as noted in Release Notes.

::Excerpt from Release Notes::
Wyse Xenith Toolbar Disabled by Default for Single Session Users
o If a user only has one session, the Wyse Xenith toolbar will be disabled. However, using CTRL+ATL+DOWN will still minimize the session and take the user to the Home screen.
o This default setting can be changed through the GUI settings or INI parameters
::::::

There is a checkbox in the local GUI that says something like "disable toolbar for single desktop" or you can just have user hit CTRL-ALT-UP (I believe thats the hotkey for bring out the toolbar regardless of automatic setting).

Hi,

okay the hotkeys als don't work on my xenith with default settings. So I need to enable the zero toolbar via central configuration.

Regards,
Michael

June 9th, 2015 04:00

Thank you. Hopefully the INI setting will be added in a future release then.

o This default setting can be changed through the GUI settings or INI parameters

What is the ini parameter for this? I could not find it in the release notes.

167 Posts

jballard- looks like you are right, its only a GUI setting but no INI exists at this time. As a workaround, you can use CTRL-ALT-DOWN to minimize the desktop and get to the "home" connection screen

June 9th, 2015 05:00

Thank you! That will be good.

167 Posts

This should be part of Xenith 1.6 (available later in July). "SysMode=VDI ToolbarEnableOneSession=yes"

167 Posts

FYI- code is released and available on self-service site

No Events found!