Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E2

June 3rd, 2015 07:00

Wyse Xenith Pro & Receiver Storefront

Wyse Xenith Pro & Receiver Storefront

Hi,

I acquired a Xenith Pro recently for testing. I'm right now in the process of trying it out alongside Receiver Storefront. Obviously the Xenith does not handle the new primitives introduced by Citrix in Receiver 3.x so I activated the Legacy support.

I had my device to point on the storefront like so : http:// /Citrix/ /PNagent/config.xml

The connexion is made as expected, I get logged in, but then I get the following error message :
ICA[ ]: DPErrorId: appremoved
Please contact your administrator

If I click on the home button of the Xenith interface the desktop is correctly listed and clicking on it displays consistently the error message stated above.

Here is the fun part. If I allow 2 desktops on this particular desktop group, then at this point I have two desktops listed "Desktop (1)" & "Desktop (2)". The first oddity is that the first one and the second one does not have the same icon. The first is a 16bit icon with an unified blue at the back (the same I had previously with a single desktop allowed in this group) while the second (rather badly rendered I may say) looks a lot more like the one displayed using a browser connected in storefront and thus has a gradient in the background. Guess what, the first still displays the error message but I can connect to the second (so no error message here!).

Using a traditional Web Interface PNAgent works well but I'm in the process of getting rid of the Web Interface even if I find Storefront still immature (I like much the single sign on to the store it provides).

Any ideas / suggestion for me to get this to work as expected ? I can't possibly allow 2 desktops only for this purpose and ask my users to use only the second on Xenith devices...

3 Posts

That does work for me as well but with hundreds (or even dozens) of users, you are going to find people that have an issue with that and ultimately that's not going to be a good solution. Hopefully this will get fixed soon, or even better, Wyse will add native Storefront Services support to WTOS.

Smile Problem solved....

We were in contact with Wyse-Support and we got a new Firmware 2.0_017 for both devices.
With this Firmware-Level the problem ist solved.

Run in the same problem....

In the Moment we are evaluating DELL Wyse Xentih 2 device with our Citrix/Storefront-Installation and we have also exactly the same Problem. We have tried also the older model of a DELL Wyse Xenith device - same Problem...

Is there meanwhile a solution for this issue - or perhaps a Workaround ?

3 Posts

I too have this exact same issue with trying to use either the Xenith or Xenith Pro devices with the Citrix Receiver Storefront. Has anybody found a solution to the DPErrorID app removed error?

The first oddity is that the first one and the second one does not have the same icon. The first is a 16bit icon with an unified blue at the back 2 desktops only for this purpose and ask my users to use only the second on Xenith.

activities deals 
all dubai deals 
beauty deals

No Events found!