Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 11th, 2015 02:00

Xenith and Xenapp 6 Compatibility

Xenith and Xenapp 6 Compatibility

I have a Xenith unit that I have placed on the network and configured to use my XenApp 6 web interface (http://servername). I can log into my domain and see all my apps listed on the left side of the screen. I can launch those applications (though I can't get seamless windows to work) individually but when I attempt to launch a second app it starts a completely new session. I then have to select each app on the left side to navigate between screens. Is there a way to start multiple applications as you normally would using, say, the online or pnagent plugins? A session for each app x 100 users would be a ridiculous amount of sessions open. Does this thing fully support XenApp 6 is my question, I guess?

167 Posts

The Wyse Zero engine (which Xenith is based on) does support XenApp6 but Xenith was designed around the Desktop use case (i.e full-screen sessions). Therefore, the out-of-box optimizations and user experience are tailored for either Virtual machines (on XenDesktop) or Published Desktops (on XenApp).

If you are looking for something as fast, secure, and management-free as Xenith but want to work with Published Apps (especially if you desire seamless windows) then you are better off using Wyse ThinOS. It uses the same Zero Engine as Xenith but has a "classic" theme where you can have seamless apps, a "start" menu, etc. And most importantly, you can do "session sharing" since that is important in the published applications use case (not really relevant with desktops since 90% of users have 1 desktop).

The C10LE model looks just like Xenith so should be exactly what you need.

3 Posts

Sorry for re-plying to a old thread but we had this issue for several years until i found a solution.

I'd like to see if this happens for other Wyse Xenith users aswell:

1. When using a Windows Receiver and connecting to a published desktop, published applications in that session starts instantly.
2. When using a Wyse Xenith (1, 2, pro etc) and connecting to a published desktop, published applications in that session does a new logon then shows shows the application.

go to active directory, change the Display Namefor the user to something less than 10 characters then try the wyse again - No logoff required.

No Events found!