Highlighted
Not applicable

P20 Autoconfig at boot

P20 Autoconfig at boot

I would like to have a way to, when the P20 boots, check for a configuration somewhere on the network and load it. This would elimenate me having to use the PCoIP MC to configure P20 devices out of the box. Also, if there's a way to have the device pull new firmware when available at boot, that would be nice. My objective is to hand an unopened box with a P20 in it to the end user and all they have to do is plug it in and go. No configuration neededprior to deployment.
As one hint, I cannot modify DNS SRV records for the domain because of the enterprise environment I'm in, so another route will have to be used.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
2 Bronze

RE: P20 Autoconfig at boot

You can set the management console to do this automatically. You'll just need to set a default group for the unit to be added to when it registers itself, and make sure that group automatically applies its profile. The situation you described (Plug it in, it flashes & configures itself) is exactly how it works in our environment with our MC settings.

There are a few different ways for the unit to discover the MC, or vice versa. Have you read the Teradici pcoip manual?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

RE: P20 Autoconfig at boot

This would eliminate me having to use the PCoIP MC to configure P20 devices out of the box. Also, if there's a way to have the device pull new firmware when available at boot, that would be nice.

build cheap backlinks

0 Kudos