Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

X

May 14th, 2015 04:00

P20 Firmware for View 5

P20 Firmware for View 5

What is the ETA for a firmware release for P20 Clients to support view 5? The release notes for 3.4.1 says it's still for view 4.6 and just curious if there will be firmware specifically for view 5?

3 Posts

May 14th, 2015 06:00

I haven't tested this myself. I can set up a dual monitor station and let you know if I see the same thing.

Anyone else having issues running the View 5 agent and dual monitors on the P20? If I'm running v5 with dual monitors, users can login but they get blank screens and automatically get booted off and back onto the login screen. Unplugging the 2nd monitor allows you to login. My workaround for now is to use the v4.6 agent.

3 Posts

I'm looking for info on this post....no new information has been posted, yet View 5 has been out for nearly 2 months. Too, a wyse press release indicated that View 5.0 would be fully supported upon release. The 3.4.1 code may support View 5, but the documentation doesn't state this, and I've notice issues using 3.4.1 code to connect to 3D enable windows 7 desktops....such as, Black screen at login until the user clicks the mouse, and frequent mouse freezing.... Any time table on the release of new firmware would be nice so that we can plan deployments...especially considering the XP window is rapidly closing...(that is, it's going end of life in less than 873 days, which isn't much time for large deployments to migrate....)

June 9th, 2015 09:00

I've had a similar issue with dual monitors and view 5 agent, but not during login. When I lock my workstation and come back to unlock, the second monitor will be dead.....have to hit the power button to re-connect and then everything works fine.

17 Posts

froggyj, we have the same issue occurring. I found that a downgrade to 4.6 helps. Even then there are problems. After a vm is unlocked, all of the windows move to the primary monitor. There was a firmware update released today (3.5), but I still have the dual monitor issue on 5.0.

I found another workaround if you want to run the View 5 agent using dual monitors on the P20's. The workaround is to disable the display's power setting in Windows.

No Events found!