Highlighted
turtlexiv
1 Copper

P20 Question/Problem - Flashing PCoIP light, no video

Exclamation P20 Question/Problem - Flashing PCoIP light, no video

Greetings,

I recently bought a Wyse P20 for at-home experimentation before we deploy these to replace an older Sun thin client system at my workplace.

While attempting to place the device into operation for the first time, I get a solid green power light and a quick-flashing PCoIP light. I can not get any video out of the device (tested both DVI ports and two monitors - both straight DVI, and through a DVI to VGA adapter). Checking my DHCP server, no lease has been granted to the device.

I have not been able to find a user guide for this device to explain what the quick-flashing PCoIP light indicates. The only guide to the hardware itself I've found is the P20 Quick Start guide (from http://www.wyse.com/support/overview), but it does not explain anything about the PCoIP light, only the main power light.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Croydon-2015
1 Copper

RE: P20 Question/Problem - Flashing PCoIP light, no video

turtlexiv,

It sounds like the vital product data (VPD) on this unit is not programmed correctly. In this case, the LED will flash three times and go off for a bit (and repeat...). In any case, this is an indication of a fault condition, so the unit should be sent back for a replacement.

Croydon

Tags (2)
0 Kudos

RE: P20 Question/Problem - Flashing PCoIP light, no video

I am experiencing the very same issue. Did you ever get a resolution? Was it a hardware issue or were you able to fix the P20? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos