Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 13th, 2015 04:00

P20 Question/Problem - Flashing PCoIP light, no video

Exclamation P20 Question/Problem - Flashing PCoIP light, no video

Greetings,

I recently bought a Wyse P20 for at-home experimentation before we deploy these to replace an older Sun thin client system at my workplace.

While attempting to place the device into operation for the first time, I get a solid green power light and a quick-flashing PCoIP light. I can not get any video out of the device (tested both DVI ports and two monitors - both straight DVI, and through a DVI to VGA adapter). Checking my DHCP server, no lease has been granted to the device.

I have not been able to find a user guide for this device to explain what the quick-flashing PCoIP light indicates. The only guide to the hardware itself I've found is the P20 Quick Start guide (from http://www.wyse.com/support/overview), but it does not explain anything about the PCoIP light, only the main power light.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

June 1st, 2015 06:00

turtlexiv,

It sounds like the vital product data (VPD) on this unit is not programmed correctly. In this case, the LED will flash three times and go off for a bit (and repeat...). In any case, this is an indication of a fault condition, so the unit should be sent back for a replacement.

Croydon

June 1st, 2015 06:00

I am experiencing the very same issue. Did you ever get a resolution? Was it a hardware issue or were you able to fix the P20? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

No Events found!