Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 13th, 2015 08:00

Wyse P20 can not detect monitor? Please help!

Unhappy Wyse P20 can not detect monitor? Please help!

Hi all,
I have a wyse p20 d200 and use VMware View 5.0. But when i log in the virtual machine, the monitor is going to sleep. I log in p20 using web interface, getting info:

port status
1 disconnect
2 disconnect

Monitor: 1024 x 768, firmware's p20: 3.5

Many thanks for help!

Is there a solution for this situation? We've about 15 clients in a new installation, all with HP Monitors (Displays supports only VGA - we're using Wyse DVI-VGA Adapter and separately buyed DVI-VGA Cable)

All of the clients have exact the problem described in the topic - and it's no deal for the users to log on twice every day.

Tested with firmware 3.5.0 and 3.5.1.

Regards,

Sebastian

2 Posts

Try this to fix the dual display issues.....

Log into your View environment through your zero client. Once you have logged in, hit the bigger button on the fron of your zero client to "disconnect" your session. Once you have disconnected, log in again and you'll see that besides your session, it will say "session in use". Log back into your session with your 2nd desktop connected. The second time you log in, your second monitor will now work with you zero client.

29 Posts

check the video driver installed in the VM. in the Device Manager.
try and use the SVGA II driver.. choose to update the video driver in Device Manager and choose have disk.. browse out to c:\program files\common files\vmware\drivers\video

2 Posts

This is a known issue with the zero client blocking the video signal upon initial login. Since you are already logged in, the second login allows for the video signal to wake up the second monitor and your zero client to detect it.

3 Posts

Are you using a VGA-to-DVI adapter? We had issues when using the adapters. Once we switched to straight DVI connections, we never had an issue.

June 1st, 2015 07:00

Hello,
We have a View 5 environment with WYSE p20s and have an issue with the 2nd monitor going black after unknown amount of time. A reboot of the p20 will bring it back, but it will black out time after time. I've seen this problem on the p20s running 3.4.1, 3.5.0 and still with the new 4.0.0 firmware. We've tried adding more video RAM.

We have one user who has never had a problem but have 5 users who continuously have a problem.

The VMs are Windows 7 32-bit. All monitors are connected with DVI (no adapter).

Regards,
Chris

1 Message

June 1st, 2015 08:00

I'll chime in here with similar issue. WYSE P20's with dual monitor spotty issues in VMware View 5 environment. Usually happens in the morning when the user logs on. All users same pool Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit. Had issues with firmware 3.5.0 that was preinstalled on each P20, after upgrading to 4.0.0, and also on a couple test P20's we put 3.2.1 on. What will happen is right after connecting, right monitor will stay black, primary monitor flickers and for about 60 seconds, cannot click anything on the desktop (Also we noticed that the Windows blue welcome screen does not appear on the primary display monitor). After that, it flickers again, and it seems like things have "caught up" and operates normally, except for the black secondary monitor. This happens inconsistently on various monitor configurations (different brands, sizes, and resolutions). Usually the user can log off and reconnect and seems to fix the problem.

1 Message

Wyse P20's and VMWare View Client 5.0

Have there been any resolutions to the dual monitor issues that have been occurring when a user logs in and their 2nd monitor goes to sleep? I have tried upgrading and rolling back firmware from P20 to P20 with no luck at all. I have replaced P20's trying to fix the problem with no luck. I have been running VMWare View Client 5.0 with Windows 7 Enterprise-32 bit. I am wondering if I used Windows 7 Enterprise-64 bit, would this help this monitor issue? Right now I'm at a standstill at work and would like to get some input from other users or an admin that knows about this issue.

1 Message

I'll chime in here with similar issue. WYSE P20's with dual monitor spotty issues in VMware View 5 environment. Usually happens in the morning when the user logs on. All users same pool Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit. Had issues with firmware 3.5.0 that was preinstalled on each P20, after upgrading to 4.0.0, and also on a couple test P20's we put 3.2.1 on.

Brooklyn Byc

1 Message

July 27th, 2015 04:00

same problem here. Users need to logoff login to have both screen. View 5.1 - FW 4.02..

Any solution out there ?

62 Posts

You'll need to update the firmware to 4.0.3 which is available on the downloads section of wyse.com

1 Message

P25 dual monitor issues.

We are having similar issues with P25's with dual monitors. P25 loses 2nd monitor randomly, as well as when it goes to sleep.

Seems to not be able to wake monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by cplhopper View Post

Have there been any resolutions to the dual monitor issues that have been occurring when a user logs in and their 2nd monitor goes to sleep? I have tried upgrading and rolling back firmware from P20 to P20 with no luck at all. I have replaced P20's trying to fix the problem with no luck. I have been running VMWare View Client 5.0 with Windows 7 Enterprise-32 bit. I am wondering if I used Windows 7 Enterprise-64 bit, would this help this monitor issue? Right now I'm at a standstill at work and would like to get some input from other users or an admin that knows about this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by cplhopper View Post

We are running Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit, same issue with P25 zero clients. I posted a new thread as well. We are on firmware 4.0.3 with View 5.1. Would really love to find a resolution.

April 21st, 2016 22:00

Lock Near Me provides all lock changes services to San Francisco for businesses and residents, including lock change and lock repair. Contact our experts at (970) 668-2944 today!

No Events found!