Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 6th, 2015 09:00

Unsuccessful Setup - still no video

Unsuccessful Setup - still no video

I'm using a HP MS6000 Multipoint Server - all drivers up to date and system is patched. I'm pairing it with five Wyse E01 zero clients. So far I've tried the quickstart guide and installed the Wyse E01 driver, and hooked it up as the guide suggests, but it doesn't seem to be passing video to the Zero Clients. I can associate the normal VGA video card with one of the E01s and the keyboard and mouse works, but I can't get any further.

Suggestions?

June 3rd, 2015 02:00

Hi jdk906s,
Did you solve this? i'm having exact same problem! the monitors just go to power save ..

3 Posts

June 9th, 2015 07:00

Quote Originally Posted by evilbeg View Post
Hi jdk906s,
Did you solve this? i'm having exact same problem! the monitors just go to power save ..

Nope. I created a support ticket for Wyse as well and I've heard nothing back yet. 

It's been quite tempting to try to refund the whole mess and go with the HP zero clients.

200 Posts

June 12th, 2015 02:00

HP server will not work out of the box, because they already have a driver for their device.
Wyse haven’t tested that combination.
Please try to uninstall the drivers for the HP MultiSeat t100 Thin Client, and then install the E01 driver.
If you want to be sure, any Dell Optiplex with Intel graphics or Lenovo TS200v will just work fine

200 Posts

Searching the web, I found various issues that can lead to this server related issue.
Please have a look and see if one of the proposed solutions work for you:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...3-18384bab8842

3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mhaase View Post
HP server will not work out of the box, because they already have a driver for their device.
Wyse haven’t tested that combination.
Please try to uninstall the drivers for the HP MultiSeat t100 Thin Client, and then install the E01 driver.
If you want to be sure, any Dell Optiplex with Intel graphics or Lenovo TS200v will just work fine

The HP server was purchased sans OS and we used an educationally licensed copy of MultiPoint. No HP drivers for the zero client were ever installed.

No Events found!