Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

YB

February 13th, 2018 12:00

Dell XPS 9100 media card reader cables connection

Hi,

I have replaced the card reader on my PC with a genuine Dell card reader (H323J) purchased on eBay.

Can someone indicate me to what USB connector the supplied cable (9 pin connector tied to two (2) 5 pin connectors) connects to on the motherboard?

I would also like to know exactly where the top USB connectors on the top covert connect to on the motherboard. I have seek for help at DELL, but no one can help since my warranty is expired. This information is neither available in my owner manual. 

Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

3.2K Posts

February 13th, 2018 15:00

Did you look at the Studio XPS 9100 Service Manaul: http://downloads.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_desktop/esuprt_studio_xps_desktop/studio-xps-9100_service%20manual_en-us.pdf

There is a section in the manual on removing and replacing the media card reader, but it appears you only have to disconnect the cables at the reader and not at the motherboard. 

There is also a System Board Components diagram in the manual that shows all the front panel (4) USB connections on the motherboard. The diagram does not show what each USB connection is used for but I assume they are all the same.

No Events found!