Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

B

26 Posts

May 20th, 2023 14:00

Killer web download speed killer now Rivet Networks

So, today I boot up my computer and the following is "pending install." Did a quick search because Killer Network app had absolutely KILLED my download speed from +100 Mbps to 0.03 Mbps. So I was wary. What is Rivet Networks? A quick search showed it's the Maker of Killer WiFi cards and was renamed Rivet when Intel bought the company.

https://www.engadget.com/intel-rivet-networks-wifi-killer-cards-083538986.html

Beware?

Rivet Networks LLC - SoftwareComponent - 2.2.3267.0

Rivet Networks LLC - Extension - 2.2.3267.0

4 Operator

• 

1.7K Posts

May 20th, 2023 16:00

Don't know your XPS model, but  each can have a different Killer device installed.

Intel makes and releases the drivers and Killer Control Center.

Go here, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/search.html?ws=text#sort=relevancy&f:@tabfilter=[Downloads]&f:@stm_10385_en=[Wireless]  (on another PC if need be and put the file on a USB drive to install it) ans search for your model. Don't know what you have, look in Device Manager.

My 8940 has this one, Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX1650i 160MHz Wireless Network Adapter (201NGW),

Now I guess you are using Wireless too, and did you check your router? Did some settings change? Look for the Properties and see what speed it will run on, should be set to the highest, AX.

Can you connect via  Ethernet? Still getting low speed, something could be wrong on the modem/router?

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

May 22nd, 2023 11:00

@BillySea86  - The company was named Rivet before Intel bought it, which was a while back. Rivet made Ethernet and WiFi hardware under their "Killer" brand name.

Click Start>Run>type in: services.msc and click OK. When services.msc opens, locate the "Killer" services on the list. Double-click each one and set its Startup Type to Disabled. Don't change anything else in services.msc. When all Killer services are disabled, close services.msc and reboot.

That should fix your speed problems...

No Events found!