Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

3 Posts

March 20th, 2023 14:00

Need new Wifi adapter card for my XPS 8900

XPS 8900

XPS 8900

I recently started having issues with my Wi-Fi. After trying many troubleshooting options and doing a lot of research, I believe the card is failing. I am a novice and need a recommendation for a new card. I think this is relatively simple to do, and I want to try to save some money. Any recommended replacement cards would be appreciated.

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

March 20th, 2023 14:00

You have 2 options either a USB adapter or a PCIe wireless card. Either would work well but the wireless card generally has better range. Installation is easy on either type and Amazon has a number of them here.

3 Posts

March 20th, 2023 15:00

Thank you! 

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

March 21st, 2023 11:00

Before buying a new WiFi card or USB dongle,  it might be useful if you tell us exactly why you think the existing card is failing and what you've tried to resolve the problem...

3 Posts

March 21st, 2023 13:00

Thank you, but I already ordered something. If it does not work out, I will post more detailed steps. However, I am pretty sure, based on what I was experiencing, i.e., Wi-Fi dropping or not working at all and not being able to see any connections, that it was failing.

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

March 21st, 2023 15:00

Happy to help out and please let us know if you continue to have problems based on what @RoHe has posted.

No Events found!