Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

71 Posts

February 12th, 2020 13:00

Reply to Private Message - How?

I am trying to answer a private message from Dell Cares asking to confirm my Dell service tag number and I am having problems finding the Reply button.  This Dell Cares message is in response to my post titled Windows 7 or 8 Driver  - Download? posted 2/11/20

This is what I have done:

1. I clicked on the Messages envelope.
  2. Next, I clicked on the Dell Cares icon.
  3. That took me to the page in the attachment; see screenshot below.
  4. On that whole page I could not find where to click to send a reply.

What am I doing wrong?

Screenshot (16).png

Thanks,

Jerry

358 Posts

February 12th, 2020 14:00

@Jerry8A wrote:

I am trying to answer a private message from Dell Cares asking to confirm my Dell service tag number and I am having problems finding the Reply button.  This Dell Cares message is in response to my post titled Windows 7 or 8 Driver  - Download? posted 2/11/20

This is what I have done:

1. I clicked on the Messages envelope.
  2. Next, I clicked on the Dell Cares icon.
  3. That took me to the page in the attachment; see screenshot below.
  4. On that whole page I could not find where to click to send a reply.

What am I doing wrong?

Screenshot (16).png

Thanks,

Jerry

Hi, @Jerry8A .

Under Point 2 DON'T click on the "DellCares" icon, but click on the Message Title! This should open up the actual message &, at the bottom, you should find a "Reply" button!!

Note:- We cannot see your posted Picture until one of the Mods gets around to approving it (hence the reason why it is simpler for me to exple the Reply Button is, rather than trying to post a picture!!

• 

25.1K Posts

February 12th, 2020 13:00

Hi,
Thanks for writing in. could you follow the instructions here: https://dell.to/37mCPXa to send me a private message?

Regards,
Mausam

358 Posts

February 12th, 2020 14:00

@DELL-Cares wrote:

Hi,
Thanks for writing in. could you follow the instructions here: https://dell.to/37mCPXa to send me a private message?

Regards,
Mausam

Surely that Link shows how to CREATE a Private Message, it does NOT appear to provide a response to the Original Poster's query, which was asking about "Replying"!

• 

25.1K Posts

February 12th, 2020 15:00

Hi,
Thanks for sharing the details. You could try downloading the drivers for your Canon printer from here: https://dell.to/2SI4egX
Click on the dropdown and select the operating system from the list.

Regards,
Mausam

71 Posts

February 12th, 2020 15:00

Hello John-Jay -

Your reply worked.  Thank you.

Jerry

2 Posts

March 11th, 2020 20:00

This isn't working for me. The message title doesn't bring up anything when I click on it, and I can't message DELL-Cares directly, when I try it just puts me back in the message center, which doesn't have buttons to send a reply or compose a new message that I can find.

4 Posts

March 12th, 2020 02:00

Petraa_0-1584005666052.png

Hi, as you can see from this screenshot, I do not have a button to send a new message. When I open the message from your colleague, there is a reply box at the bottom so I can type my message, but I can find no way to then send it.

4 Posts

March 12th, 2020 02:00

here is a screenshot of the message and the reply box, with no "send" or similar to be seen anywhere.

Petraa_0-1584005918033.png

358 Posts

March 12th, 2020 09:00

Hi, @timmark ,

Are you getting the Style/Format that @Petraa just posted??

If so, this is a totally revised version that Dell has implemented!

As I've suggested to @Petraa , click in the Reply Box & it should convert to a Message Box (complete with Formatting Tools) & it should also NOW show a REPLY Button!

Regards

358 Posts

March 12th, 2020 09:00

Hi, @Petraa ,

Dell appears to have revised the Format/Layout of the Private Messages (very confusing)!!

However, if you Click in the Reply Box (as I've just tried), it should change to a normal Message Box (complete with Formatting Tools), with a "REPLY" Button just below it!!

Regards

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

March 12th, 2020 11:00

Dell is aware that yesterday's update to the PM plug-in isn't working correctly. The software provider is working on it as quickly as possible.

If double-clicking inside the Reply box doesn't bring up the full Create Message screen for your reply, you can try clicking the Create New Message button and use that window to address a PM to the user you want to reply to.

PM2.jpg

Note: For some reason, the New Message button isn't always visible and they're working on that too...

12 Posts

August 7th, 2020 10:00

Im now having this issue Ive been getting help from Dell and suddenly I can not even click on my inbox messages to reply. I cant even click on past messages to open them So now I have to answer a question I can not answer I have tried with both chrome and edge both wont work

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

August 7th, 2020 11:00

@Khaleesi1  - Is this happening on a Windows PC, Android, or iPhone?

Have you tried Firefox?

It's possible there's just glitch in the system. So log out of the forum, clear the browser's cache and cookies and then log in and see if PMs work again for you.

If that doesn't help, you might want to check to make sure PMs didn't accidentally get turned off in your forum settings. Click your avatar in upper right corner of the screen and select My settings. When that opens, click Preferences and then click Private Messages. Make sure both boxes are checked under Private Messenger Settings. Be sure to click Save at the bottom, if any changes are made.

12 Posts

August 7th, 2020 14:00

It happened on my dell laptop using both chrome and edge and also on my iPhone. I cleared cookies and managed to reply but it keeps happening.
No Events found!