Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

5 Posts

December 18th, 2018 01:00

XPS 27-7760 AIO, fan noise

Hello,

I just bought the XPS 27-7760 AIO a month ago. After 10-15 minutes of work, the fan noise is unbearable. Why? Please help me.

Thank's

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 18th, 2018 03:00

The CPU is apparently overheating.  Whether its what you are doing that is causing it (e.g. heavy gaming), whether its in a location with inadequate cool air flow or if it has developed a hardware problem.

Does the pre-Windows ePSA Diagnostics pass or fail?

Did you have this fan issue for the entire month?

As its new and still in warranty, best to contact Dell support.  If its a hardware problem only Dell support can get it corrected under warranty.

5 Posts

December 19th, 2018 22:00

Thank's Fireberd for your answer. I've done the ePSA Diagnostic, everything ok. The fan issue starded few weeks later, one month later i would say. I'm not a hard gamer, just browsing and excel using. When i turn on the pc everything is quite, after 3-5 minutes of any usage the fan starts playing. It's a real noise, what about if i restore the system? Please need help...

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

December 20th, 2018 01:00

The AIO's are basically a laptop motherboard design with a desktop type monitor.  Thus either heavy CPU intensive work or a hardware problem has occurred. Since you are apparently not doing any heavy CPU work, it suggests a hardware problem and most likely the CPU heatsink either is loose or the heatsink is not properly installed.  Either way it is a warranty issue and Dell support is the only place that can get things corrected under warranty.  We are mostly users (non Dell employees) helping users on here and can't initiate any service calls.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

December 20th, 2018 10:00

@Bico70 wrote:

Hello,

I just bought the XPS 27-7760 AIO a month ago. After 10-15 minutes of work, the fan noise is unbearable. Why? Please help me.

Thank's

Sounds like it's over-heating or just a bad fan (maybe bad bearings).

ePSA is a good first goal, but its only a 90% hardware-check.
Also, it does not:
- Push machine very hard
- Nor does it listen for noise levels.

Use your warranty.

No Events found!