January 6th, 2020 21:00

XPS 420, speakers and wires

I need a diagram to hook up my speakers on my xps 420 

2.5K Posts

January 7th, 2020 03:00

RTM yet?

13 years old today.

what do you have now? IDK?

do you have speakers now y/n  ? if yes what are they ? make and model.

do you have the optional sound card, in the PCI-e slots? y/n if yes which one? make or model.#

buy the speakers you want and plug them in.  (vast   choices exists) powered speakers,.

for sound/audio  there is no other single topic so vast as sound options on PC,  endless, (today)

I run a DAC on mine and fiber optical (Toslink) cable to speaker system.   just 1 tiny example.

the first question on sound is ,what class of sound do you need or want.  2ch. 2.1., and up to 7.1 ?

Surround sound,  need that?

from most folks using simple wired speaks the manual on said speaks shows how to connect the 2 speakers to each other and to power .

then the last connection from speakers 3.5mm phone jack and cable to the PC 3.5mm green jack called line out.

turn on speaks and adjust volume at both ends.

like this.

sspk.JPG

if you use the Green jack, all speakers sold with that cable tell you THERE manual what to do. 3.5mm audio.

page 175 in your PC users guide states (sound)

seven back-panel connectors for line-in, line-out, surround, side surround, center/subwoofer Low Frequency Effects (LFE) channel, and S/PDIF (optical and RCA); two front-panel connectors for headphones/microphone

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

January 7th, 2020 03:00

What kind of speakers do you have?  Can't answer how to hook them up without knowing what you have.  Several types such as Stereo, 2.1, 4.1, 5.1, 7.1 and those that use USB.

No Events found!