Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

March 3rd, 2018 03:00

XPS 8700, Error code 2000-0145, failed PC recovery

Hi. I have an XPS 8700 that I purchased with Dell in 2013 with Windows 8.1 at 64 bits. A couple of years ago I changed the operating system to Windows 10, after Microsoft offered me the change without cost. Everything worked perfect until a week ago (last week of February / 2018) that there were a couple of power outages in the area of ​​my house, the PC was overly encouraged to the extent of taking two hours (literally) to boot. Already initiated, she was too slow to do anything. I thought that some of the configuration had been damaged with the blackouts and I opted to do a repair from the configuration page of Windows 10 with the option to erase everything (including my files). I already had everything backed up, so I made the repair.
The repair took almost a day (approximately 20 hours), and when restarting the PC after the repair, the problem of the slowness remained identical and worsened to the extent that the PC was "frozen" on the login screen without being able to do nothing anymore I had to turn it off by pressing the on / off button, and when I turned it on again only the Dell logo appeared and after about 20 minutes a dialog box came out saying that an unexpected error had occurred. It did not even reach the Windows login screen.
After this, I did a hardware verification with the Dell ePSA Pre-boot System Assessment facility. That is done by pressing F12 at the time that the Dell logo appears. All the components passed the test well except the hard drive that marked me the error code 2000-0145 validation 93422. I repeated the test and I got the error 2000-0142 validation 96528, in both errors the MSG appeared: Hard Drive 0-S / N Z1E47JHR

I did not know how to start the PC from a USB, nor did I get the recovery mode menu (before starting the operating system) was available (I do not know if it was deleted when cleaning the disk in the failed repair).

What should I do to recover the operation of my XPS 8700?

I do not have recovery CD, I tried to make it read from a USB without achieving it.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

March 3rd, 2018 18:00

Error code 2000-0145 is a hard drive failure. You will have to replace the hard drive before you can go further.

You will need a bootable USB stick with Windows 10 on it. You can download the Win 10 ISO file for free from Microsoft and instructions to create a bootable USB here.

When the new hard drive is installed, connect the bootable USB to the PC before you turn the power on. Then reboot and immediately press F12 and look for option to boot from USB. Install Win 10 and all the latest updates. Then install your applications.

If your files aren't backed up on external media, you can try installing the old drive as a secondary drive in this PC to see if you can copy them, or install the old drive in an external drive enclosure that connects to a PC via USB.

No Events found!