Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

2 Posts

January 4th, 2020 22:00

XPS 8700, Phantom Gaming X Radeon RX VEGA 56, compatible?

I have my original graphics card currently in the computer but obviously It doesn't play any 4k games.

I am looking to upgrade to the PG X RADEON RX VEGA 56 8G

I simply want to know if it will fit and work in my Dell XPS8700 and if not can someone tell me what 4k graphics card will work in my dell XPS8700 I want 30-60fps on max setting on RE2 remake with a price that doesn't break the bank

Thanks,

-Chandler

January 4th, 2020 22:00

Also if the pgx radeon rx vega 56 8g will fit and it just a new power supply required please let me know that as well. I just don't want to buy something to not be able to use it right away. 

Thanks,

-Chandler

2.5K Posts

January 5th, 2020 04:00

what price does not break a bank,?  hard numbers, ? (this line means zero) Name real dollars.? amount.

the best PSU would be 750watt, single rail with 62amps 12v rail and 3/5v at 25a each) like RX750 corsair or up, (modular cables win in my book the dash M below)

your 460watt PSU is no good. now. once you jump on the 200watt TPD card band wagon.

here is one good PSU, (semi modular is great)

2.5K Posts

January 5th, 2020 04:00

1 ruler used, answers this, Dell does not spec out 3D space on the X16 slot. that be hard.

12 makers of cards and vast numbers of variants per one CLASS of card. (nobody tests them all in all PC , nobody) ( frankly that is you job and is MOVING TARGET see why?)

7 year old PC,

chipset Z87 and gen4 CPU (Haswell, is it? i5? up or some lame celery chip (Celeron)

the XPS (is it) 8700 has i7 CPU and GTX660 quad-core Intel Core i7

I post this every time, endless but so you can read it , every time.  the bench marks on this PC.

a rare pc non on ebay now, wow. rare or not 10,000 folks upgraged the GPU.

10,000 examples. there. no lack.

here are the rules on GPU, Besides your BIOS not liking any given card, (endless cards, endless examples)

1: it has to fit, some DONT. (too long is common, for sure 3 fan versions or that and huge ram or worse yet backside of card RAM heat spreading heat sinks that hit things.

2: PSU is next or first,  and with TWO 8pin PCI-e,8pin AUX power cables for said card.

3: slot power limits, not  on this PC 75w per slot.

4: UEFI issues, do you run UEFI? mode? NO OS told. yet. w10-64 assumed.

some card (vega) are 10.5" long, did you measure your space inside first, on my PC dell the hit points are this.

1: too long hits hdd cage.

2; too tall hits ram sticks

3: too deep hits card you have in PCI slot below that can not be removed, (I cant see inside your pc so...…..)\

if I google RX vega , lots of makers, ! some with 2 fans,

no card maker stated by you ? why?  no sku , and no URL link to it, they are not all the same.

RX Vega 56 draws power from 2x 8-pin power connectors, with power draw rated at 210 W maximum.

just the card does that in full 3D clocking....and DOES.

550watt PSU up is stated in the manual on most. RTM, read the manual first on your makers card, !

do you mean this card? (full name and maker clearly stated)

AMD Radeon RX Vega 56

No Events found!