Highlighted

XPS 8700, SATA incompatible, not showing since Dell update

Jump to solution

Hi,

Dell Update installed new Windows 10 Chipset drivers and IRST (Intel Rapid Storage Technology) driver yesterday. IRST shows my SATA which has a hibernation partition as being "incompatible" and Win 10 Disk Management doesn't find the disc at all. Any ideas if this can be fixed and how? Thanks in advance for your help. BTW I'm only moderately techie so step by step instructions for dummies would be most useful.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
5 Tungsten

Re: XPS 8700, SATA incompatible, not showing since Dell update

Jump to solution

xps 8700 , 7years old (as old as Z87 chip set is not supported by Intel, nor the proxy dell. 

The H110 chipset up is, supported

upgrading to w10 was done wrong, as turning off RST in bios is first (raid off AHCI on)

the RTC coin cell is due.

the pc backed up? data?

read all posts on older PCs and how to turn off RST with secureboot on.  F12 manual boot fails too I bet.

IDK how to do RST fix and not do fresh W10-64 bit installs.  (that does work)\\]\

blame, is at MS. the installer should flat refuse to continue, (w10) for any chipset below H110 and RST is enabled." this chip set not supported, disable RST in BIOS NOW)" and MS knows this, I see them flayling about

all answers assume no need for RAID at all,.

read here and comments , must be followed to the letter.

the say there, to go here,( all these fixes are RISKY, ) if you can turn off FAST BOOT first and test.

nobody

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Ruthenium

Jump to solution

Is the incompatible hibernation partition causing a problem with the operation of your system? If not, I would leave it along. Is it possible that the hibernation partition was something left over from the upgrade to Windows 10?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
5 Tungsten

Jump to solution

xps 8700 , 7years old (as old as Z87 chip set is not supported by Intel, nor the proxy dell. 

The H110 chipset up is, supported

upgrading to w10 was done wrong, as turning off RST in bios is first (raid off AHCI on)

the RTC coin cell is due.

the pc backed up? data?

read all posts on older PCs and how to turn off RST with secureboot on.  F12 manual boot fails too I bet.

IDK how to do RST fix and not do fresh W10-64 bit installs.  (that does work)\\]\

blame, is at MS. the installer should flat refuse to continue, (w10) for any chipset below H110 and RST is enabled." this chip set not supported, disable RST in BIOS NOW)" and MS knows this, I see them flayling about

all answers assume no need for RAID at all,.

read here and comments , must be followed to the letter.

the say there, to go here,( all these fixes are RISKY, ) if you can turn off FAST BOOT first and test.

nobody

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 Ruthenium

Jump to solution

Is the incompatible hibernation partition causing a problem with the operation of your system? If not, I would leave it along. Is it possible that the hibernation partition was something left over from the upgrade to Windows 10?

0 Kudos