3 Posts

January 14th, 2021 14:00

XPS 8700, how to connect to HDMI?

• image.jpg

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

January 14th, 2021 15:00

As I said, the only way to use the onboard HDMI port is to have at least one monitor connected to any port on the add-in video card and then enable Intel Multi-Display in BIOS, before connecting a monitor to the onboard port.

Do you mean it's a micro-HDMI port on the video card?

You could get a DVI>HDMI adapter. Plug the DVI end into one of the DVI ports on the video card and the HDMI end into the monitor.

Or if that's a micro-HDMI port, get a  micro-HDMI>HDMI adapter.

Keep in mind that these adapters typically work only in one direction. So make sure it's DVI(PC) and HDMI(monitor), or micro-HDMI(PC) and HDMI(monitor).

There are also various different types of DVI, so make sure the adapter matches the port configuration on the video card.

3 Posts

I could you tell me how to enable the intel thung

3 Posts

That is micro port I was wondering how to get the onboard graphics to work

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

Also, if you're trying to use 2 monitors, both probably can be connected to separate ports on the video card so you might not even need the onboard HDMI port.

Onboard Intel Graphics from that HDMI port uses system memory, so that might reduce system performance if total installed RAM is low.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

Can't tell for sure from your image, but looks like you have an HDMI port on the right end of the video card, that I marked with red arrow, below the bar code label.

The HDMI port in the black panel area on the back is for onboard Intel Graphics. That port can only be used when the first monitor is connected to the add-in video card AND after you enable the Intel Multi-Display option in BIOS setup.

HDMI.jpg

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

No point to enabling it unless there's one monitor connected to the video card.

1. Reboot and start tapping F2 to open BIOS setup
  2. Browse BIOS setup using tab and arrow keys to the Advanced Onboard options
  3. Find Intel Multi-Display and use arrow keys to highlight it and press Enter
  4. Change the setting to Enabled
  5. Save the change and exit BIOS setup
  6. After it boots, power off normally
  7. Connect monitor to that HDMI port
  8. Reboot

Read page 77 and below in the Service Manual for important instructions.

Don't change anything else in BIOS setup except the Multi-Display setting.

No Events found!