Highlighted
RC2011
1 Copper

XPS 8900 Constantly rebooting after a Windows 10 update

Ok so here it is, like the title says my machine is in a state of constantly rebooting after a Windows 10 update that dumped my Windows systemprofiles. I did find references to a bad Windows update put out recently causing this issue. (Guys turn on your restore point creations, mine wasn't on).   But right now it seem as if the machine isn't responding to any attempts to put it into recovery mode either by keyboard attempt or usb recovery, given the Dell symbol is only on the screen for about 10 seconds before the machine reboots again.  Any suggestion or help would be much appreciated!

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
fireberd
6 Indium

Re: XPS 8900 Constantly rebooting after a Windows 10 update

Download and create a Win 10 ISO flash drive.  Boot from the Flash Drive (F12 if you can get in when it starts) and then select Repair the PC and see if you can recover.  The other option is to go back to the factory restore or manually install from the flash drive.  

Here is the instructions on the tenforums.com on downloading and creating a Win 10 ISO using the Media Creation Tool.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9230-download-windows-10-iso-file.html

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos