15 months old 8910 windows 10 (1 thing after the next) . Yesterday updated BIOS (Dell reminder) had 2 USB drives in and NOW cannot access them.
There was NO WARNING about removing removable devices.
2. Check BIOS for Boot order?
3. Re flash with them out of the sockets? Please provide link!
Solved! Go to Solution.
If the BIOS 1.1.5 successfully installed, no need to install it again.
* Disconnect all USB devices from the XPS 8910 except for the monitor, mouse, and keyboard
* Restart the XPS 8910
* Open the Device Manager
* Open Storage Controllers (write down what is listed)
* Open Universal Serial Bus controllers (write down what is listed)
* Plug one external USB drive into a rear USB port on the XPS 8910. Does the Device Manager show that new hardware was found?
Social Media Support
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message:
Dell Monitor Service Tag number, 20 digit S/N, A0x revision
Dell PC Service Tag number
Drivers and Downloads
I hope this is not duplicate reply....
It had fixed itself: I had removed both drives; cold-booted, then put 1 drive back, cold-booted and repeated steps for the second USB drive.
I had not realized one should remove external drives prior to BIOS updates?!