Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

2 Posts

March 31st, 2019 09:00

XPS 8910, service issues

I paid near $2500 for this machine on 12/6/2016 with a 1 year warranty that ended on 12/7/2017.

Had 2 mother board failures (second one triggered this service request)

Sent in for Out of Warranty repair in box shipped to me by dell support.  Without computer for 15 days!

When returned computer (fixed??) was in PIECES. Front and Top panel were not attached. DVD/CD rom cover was broken off. Several small broken plastic pieces in bottom of box. 

Dell should replace my computer. Support person said they would send another box for me to pack up and ship to repair center (again). Informed them that the original box was good and all I need was a shipping label. Tech support said they had to ship a new box. (Frustration increases - Waste of time (me -more wait), and money (Dell)

Asked for compensation, (at least original repair changes already paid) for now having to go through this process again and was told there could none. (Frustration hits boiling point).

It is important to note there are no markings on the box that indicates that there is a delicate machinery inside so I wonder if this is going to happen again.

I have purchased 3 computers from Dell over the years. After dealing with defective parts and now this experience, I am done with Dell unless they make this right with me.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 31st, 2019 13:00

@sharlo0 wrote:

1. Sent in for repair in box shipped to me by dell support. 

2. When returned computer (fixed??) was in PIECES. Front and Top panel were not attached. DVD/CD rom cover was broken off. Several small broken plastic pieces in bottom of box. 

3. It is important to note there are no markings on the box that indicates that there is a delicate machinery inside 

4. I am done with Dell unless they make this right with me.

1. While I agree that most laptops should be shipped-back for depot service (in a controlled environment by qualified technicians) ... it is strange to hear of this practice for large/heavy/delicate desktops. However, it might be due to your country, exact location, warranty-class, etc. 

2. Sounds like a shipping-damage-claim should have been made.

3. I think the industry in general stopped doing that due to theft.

4. The department that fixed your computer does not read this forum. You should contact them directly. 

2 Posts

March 31st, 2019 15:00

Do you have access to the service tag request? Maybe you don't why you gave the answer you did. Also, If you read my email you would have seen that I already contacted them. That is what prompted me to write to this forum.

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

March 31st, 2019 19:00

@sharlo0 wrote:
1. Do you have access to the service tag request? 

2. Also, If you read my email you would have seen that I already contacted them. That is what prompted me to write to this forum.

1. No, please do not send me your Service-Tag. You are already working with Dell Technical Support on this.

2. Just trying to help. You may continue to post your experiences with Tech-Support and even vent your frustrations ... as long as you do not violate any TOS .

No Events found!