Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

1 Message

April 24th, 2019 00:00

XPS 8920, Windows 10, Bluetooth problem

To extend my bluetooth range I purchased a Sena UD100 bluetooth adaptor and also bought the Software BlueSoleil 10. I have tried to install this program many times but my Dell XPS 8920 Win 10 pro 64bit. wont use it. It still uses the on-board Bluetooth Module. Can someone help me Please.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

April 24th, 2019 03:00

Neither product is a dell product. 
Neither product has WHQL certification and therefore will not work with windows 10 nor will it install.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

April 24th, 2019 06:00

You should be able to disable the onboard Bluetooth device in the Device Manager or in the Bios and force it to use the other one.

I don't know about the compatibility issue speedstep brings up.

I am not familiar with that system but my non-Dell system has an external antenna.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

April 24th, 2019 08:00

Not loading has to do with WHQL Certificates and Signed Drivers.

driver cannot be 'verified' by Windows 10 and, for security reasons, the installation process has been blocked by default. The error message that appears is Windows requires a digitally signed driver and it means that Windows MUST HAVE a verified driver by the Signing Authority.

https://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth

"Windows drivers for Broadcom Bluetooth devices are no longer posted here. They should be available through Microsoft's Windows Update service. If drivers were not downloaded automatically by Windows Update, use Device Manager to refresh the driver from Windows Update, or contact the device manufacturer."

REQUEST DENIEDREQUEST DENIED

No Events found!