I’ve owned this Xps 8920 for around 3 years now. I’ve recently installed a new hard drive into the desktop and changed secure mode off. After reverting the bios settings to factory defaults, the computer now will now infinitely restart a few seconds after the dell logo apears. I have uninstalled the hard drive and the problem persists. I have not added any other hardware to the computer in question, accept upgrading the gpu a few years before. I have already tried resetting the bios settings to factory. Any way to get it to boot into windows 10?
1. I’ve recently installed a new hard drive into the desktop
2. and changed secure mode off.
3. After reverting the bios settings to factory defaults, the computer now will now infinitely restart a few seconds after the dell logo appears.
1. Should have been no problem if installed as 😧 (a non-bootable drive)
2. I would not have messed with that.
What I would have done is take a full Macrium Reflect (backup) image before starting this project. At the very least, I would have done a backup of important files.
3. While only original C: is connected, put BIOS options back like they use to be and it might work.
Registered Microsoft Partner and Apple Developer - Like many of you, I can appreciate a good game-engine. - I answer questions here, but I'm not a Dell employee. - Consider giving posts you like a "thumbs-up" - Posting models-numbers and software versions speeds trouble-shooting. - Click "Accept as Solution" button on any post that answers your question best.