Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

1 Message

July 20th, 2018 14:00

XPS 8930, Killer E2400 NIC, bandwidth issues

I have a Dell XPS 8930 with a Killer E2400 gigabit ethernet controller. Charter is now offering 200bps download. They came out to fix not being able to get speeds past 60bps, which needed a new cable into the house. They tested at their router and get around 195bps. I have a CAT 6 line from their router to my computer and can't get anything more than 60bps. I have installed the latest driver for the controller (Version: 1.4.1494, A05). Any ideas as to why I can't get more speed at my computer?

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

July 21st, 2018 19:00

@brentharry wrote:

1. They tested at their router and get around 195bps.

2. I have a CAT 6 line

3. from their router to my computer and can't get anything more than 60bps. I have installed the latest driver for the controller (Version: 1.4.1494, AO5). Any ideas as to why I can't get more speed at my computer?

1. You saw that for yourself? 

Not sure why you call it "theirs". It's yours as you are leasing it monthly. Do you have a Modem and separate Router or instead a single Residential-Gateway? 

2. Good.

3. Uninstall all Rivet/Killer software, driver suites, Killer Control Center, Killer-Networking apps, etc. and then REBOOT . Manually update the driver from Windows-Update.

4 Posts

July 26th, 2018 19:00

I had this same issue and it was the Killer Networking Control Center and the performance suite that was the bad guys. They eventually sent me a new computer and I immediately removed the killer software from the computer and replaced the LAN driver with the .inf offered on Killer's website only. I have charter also and now I am getting around 212-215 Mbps downstream and about 11.7 Mbps upstream. That killer software is  and that is all there is to it. You also have to take the extra step from having windows update from updating the driver with the control center again. There are a couple of options you have here, you can either edit group policy concerning windows updates, or just stop windows update from upgrading any drivers and then do the updating yourself manually. Good luck to you.

No Events found!