Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

3 Posts

October 2nd, 2018 05:00

XPS 8930, Bluetooth adapter disappeared

I have an XPS 8930 which I have only had for a couple weeks. Yesterday at 3:54 PM the Bluetooth stopped working.  After further investigation I have the following system errors:

Event ID: 2, Bluetooth HID device  either went out of range or became unresponsive.

Event ID: 17, The local Bluetooth adapter has failed in an undetermined manner and will not be used. The driver has been unloaded.

Device Manager does not show any unrecognized devices, system BIOS was unremarkable, and there do not appear to be any drivers specific to this device.  I ran the Dell Diagnostics which stated the device could not be located.

Before I go through the telephone support process, I was hoping someone might have a suggestion on the cause and resolution for this problem.  Thank you.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

October 2nd, 2018 10:00

Been a number of similar threads about BT issues. Have you looked at any of those?

3 Posts

I reviewed the forum before posting.  There are a couple other people who have mentioned that the BT device disappeared, but resolutions were never presented.

The only suggestion presented in the other posts was to uninstall the BT device, of course you cannot uninstall a device that does not exist in Windows.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

Contact Dell Tech Support. Your PC has a warranty so let them help you. Possible the BT failed and has to be replaced.

3 Posts

October 2nd, 2018 11:00

Yep, that is the last resort...I was hoping for something easier.  Thanks.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

October 2nd, 2018 12:00

@Agator82 wrote:

Yep, that is the last resort...I was hoping for something easier.  Thanks.

Nope... that is your only resort... :Stickouttongue:

No Events found!