Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

7 Posts

November 2nd, 2019 10:00

XPS 8930, Qualcomm QCA9377 Bluetooth failures

I purchased an XPS 8930 on July 3, 2019 with a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless card, that supports WiFi and Bluetooth.

On July 30, 2019 the Bluetooth adapter disappeared from the Device Manager, but the WiFi portion of the card was still listed and worked. I was unable to use my Bluetooth mouse, so I opened a Support Ticket with Dell and they sent a replacement card. After installing the card I again had Bluetooth.

On Oct 16, 2019 the Bluetooth adapter again vanished from the Device Manager, and again the WiFi continued working. I reopened the Support Ticket and Dell sent a tech with a replacement card. Once again it worked.

On Nov 1, 2019 the Bluetooth adapter again vanished and I again reopened the Support Ticket. Dell is sending a Tech again with a replacement card.

I started researching the issue and found similar issues with Dell and other vendors using Qualcomm cards. I then did the following:

I shutdown the XPS 8930, unplugged the power cord for a few minutes, then powered it back on. I then went to Device Manager and uninstalled the Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). When I then did a Scan for Hardware Changes, the Bluetooth appeared in Device Manager. This resolved the issue.

Dell needs to work with Qualcomm to resolve this issue, but at least there is a workaround.

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

November 3rd, 2019 12:00

Do you have the latest Qualcomm QCA9377 driver v12.0.0.916 (A33) released 9-Sep'19 and updated 31-Oct'19 ?

1 Message

November 23rd, 2019 03:00

I had he exact same problem, searched the forums and nothing worked until I found your posting.  SUCCESS! AND I applied the Driver update as suggested.  

10 Elder

• 

43.5K Posts

November 23rd, 2019 17:00

@Nghtmar 

Glad the BT driver update solved the problem for you!   

No Events found!